freetds - Null terminated strings?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mike" <mpultz AT uniserve.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Null terminated strings?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:33:18 -0700

I am using Freetds on a FreeBSD 3.4 machine. It connects to the database fine, but when it actually returns any values, the information is not correct. For example; it goes into the database a pulls a varchar field out that contains either Y or N (active or non active), when it returns the value, it show's only the "Y", but it's string length is 2. If I use the chop function (Perl), it chops the ending character (whatever it is) and then the script works fine. Is this simply null terminating strings when it returns them?

here is some output from the script:

Length= 2, Value = "Y"
FATAL:  platid 1007 has impossible active value "Y". With Length 2 Aborting.

---
Mike
Systems Support
UNIServe Online