freetds - Packets in FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vicky Atkinson" <vicky.atkinson AT clearink.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Packets in FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:49:59 -0700

I am using the current version of FreeTDS with PHP to connect to a MSSQL
Server 7 database. It is working great for queries of 504 characters or
less, but longer queries cause the connection to be shut down.

We tried modifying one of the FreeTDS examples to connect to our database
and run queries, to determine if it was a problem with FreeTDS or with the
PHP extension. We got the same problem--big queries won't work. It doesn't
seem to work with more than one 512-byte packet.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or if there is some parameter that I can
change?

Thanks,

Vicky <vicky AT clearink.com>

  • Packets in FreeTDS, Vicky Atkinson, 06/21/2000