freetds - Using Placeholders with freeTDS/MSSQL 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "sarva" <sarva AT siterock.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Using Placeholders with freeTDS/MSSQL 7.0
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:29:33

Has anybody used place holders with ver 4.2 of freeTDS on Solaris. I get
the followng error,

Panic: dynamic SQL (? placeholders) are not supported by the server you are
connecting to at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/DBD/Sybase.pm line 95.

I'm using 4.2 because from the documentation only 4.2 and 7.0 works with
MSSQL. If I compile with 7.0, I get the error 'Unknown Marker 0'.

Is there any solution for this.

We are migrating our database from ORacle to SQL Server and would like to
reuse our perl cgi scripts.

Thanks,