freetds - Please help! [Was: Building using ccc on an alpha]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Channic <channic AT kcco.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Please help! [Was: Building using ccc on an alpha]
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 12:13:19 -0500

I am still in need of help with the problem below.
Any help would be much appreciated.

(Note: I can link a gcc-compiled dblib with a ccc-compiled
executable which apparently runs OK except for triggering
"unaligned trap" errors in the kernel, despite changing
TDS_INT and TDS_UNSIGNED_INT for alpha as recommended in
the FAQ. Is there something else I can try to eliminate
the traps?)

Tom Channic

Tom Channic wrote:

> I'm having a problem building freetds 0.50 under
> RedHat 6.2 on an alpha using ccc. (gcc works
> but the exectuable is too slow).
>
> I configure with the command
>
> CC=ccc configure --enable-dbmfix --host=alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu
> --prefix=<myfreetdsdir>
>
> After this, the make seems to go fine, but when I do a make install
> I get the error:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/developers/channic/2alpha2/libsrc/FTDS/freetds/src/tds'
> .deps/convert.P:133: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
>
> If I try a `make check' at this point, I get the same error. If
> I try `make clean', the error becomes:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/developers/channic/2alpha2/libsrc/FTDS/freetds/src/dblib'
> .deps/bcp.P:123: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
>
> Anybody know how to fix this, seen it before, have any clues, etc.??
>
> Much thanks,
>
> Tom Channic
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: channic AT kcco.com

  • Please help! [Was: Building using ccc on an alpha], Tom Channic, 06/05/2000