freetds - Urgent Help: DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS-SQL7.0 error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Guangbin Liu" <GLiu AT interland.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Urgent Help: DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS-SQL7.0 error
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:45:58

I tried to connect my MS SQL SQL 7.0 server using DBD::Sybase and FreeTDS
from Linux (Redhat 6.1). But I always can't connect to SQL Server. The error
message is "Unknown marker: 0!!", and the code following connect wasn't
executed at all. What this error message means? Could you please review my
code and help me connect to MS SQL Server? Your kind help will be highly
appreciated!

Following is my perl script to try to access MS SQl Server:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use DBI;
$user = "user";
$pass = "password";
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=testsql", $user, $pass);
if (!defined($dbh)) {
print "Error: $DBI::errstr \n";
}
else {
print "OK: Success. \n";
}

I make the freetds using parameter --with-tdsver=4.2 and there is no error
during my compilation and install.

Then I set the SYBASE environment variable as /usr/local/freetds, and there
is a line in /usr/local/freetds/interfaces:
testsql
query tcp ether 10.5.0.50 1433
master tcp ether 10.5.0.50 1433
I checked the testsql server, MS SQL Server shows it's listening on port 1433.

Thanks for your kind help.

Guangbin