freetds - NullPointerException using JDK 1.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Justin Schwartz" <justin AT wfw.co.za>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: NullPointerException using JDK 1.3
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 6:57:47

For some reason, when I tried to establish a connection to an MSSQL
database using the freetds JDBC driver under the JDK1.3 VM it causes a
NullPointerException in the Constructor. It works fine under the JDK1.2.2
VM - why would there be a difference? Does the new JDK use a different
mechanism to connect to a database?
I have reverted back to JDK1.2.2 because of deadlines, but I would like to
take advantage of the JDK1.3 improvements notable the Authentication and
Authorization services.

Any ideas?