freetds - Re: compile problem - login.c - CVS version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <mas AT ioi.de>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: compile problem - login.c - CVS version
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:04:43 +0200

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:32:16AM +0800, Mike Groeneweg wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
> >
> > > I have just checked out the latest CVS copy, and tried to compile
> > > freetds on a Solaris 7.0 box, using gcc.
> >
> > > In ./src/tds/login.c - my compile is bugging out.... it doesn't like
> > > 'FIONBIO'.
> >
> > I'd like to second that (Solaris2.5.1/Sparc, gcc-2.95.2), though I didn't
> > mention it any more:

> Just to let you know, I got the thing compiling, by following the
> recommendations from another person on the list.
>
> You simply add in:
>
> #include <sys/filio.h>
>
> to the top of the ./src/tds/login.c file.

Somewhat late - but maybe better than never:

I made a little test and the compile succeeded. I even got 'sqsh-1.7' to
link against the resulting libraries. Though I still can't connect to the
Sybase server (10.0.1 on Solaris2.5.1/Sparc), but this might have its reason
in the hex representation of hostname and port number in the 'interfaces'
file, that FreeTDS probably doesn't cope with,

Martin.