freetds - Re: Resultset termination

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Resultset termination
  • Date: 10 May 2000 10:08:30 +0200

AM> I've noticed that in the java version of freeTDS, before a new
AM> query can be executed using a Statement, there is a loop which
AM> ensures that the whole of the resultset from the previous time
AM> the Statement object was used is read ( TDS.discardResultSet)

read and discarded, yes.

AM> Is there any way that we can stop this happening?

Why would you want to change this?

There might be data left in our network buffer or the database may
still be delivering data. These packets must be read or we won't know
where the next result set packages of subsequent queries start.

Stefan

  • Resultset termination, Andy Middleton, 05/10/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Resultset termination, Stefan Bodewig, 05/10/2000