freetds - Re: stored procedure call in jdbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <pounder AT inline.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: stored procedure call in jdbc
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:32:39 -0500

hmmm - not sure what would be "not implemented" there.

the driver should not be parsing the sql, just dumping it to the tds
stream, and the results are either going to look like a select or
insert/delete/update depending what the sp does, and presumably all of
those are implemented.

my guess is that the driver is actually looking at the sql statement and
not recognizing exec as a valid sql statement - (why it would do this I
don't know.)

I know our tds odbc driver works fine with sp's, but not sure if that is
any help to you if you are using jdbc.