freetds - Re: Sybase port number for TDS clients

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <pounder AT inline.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase port number for TDS clients
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:07:39 -0500

Hi,

Try port 1433.

Note: the source for our driver will be available shortly (within a week or
so), so you will be able to port to mac os. Right now the driver is
available in binary form only.

At 02:43 PM 3/15/00 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>

>I am trying to write a TDS module for Macintosh Sybase Clients
>(ODBC libraries are almost impossible to get at the moment)
>
>What port number is Sybase on Sparc listening for TDS clients to connect
from.
>I want to connect a socket from my Mac and watch the protocol
>exchange before going to far.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>
>Cheers,
>
>Dr Gerard Hammond
>Garvan Institute of Medical Research
>
>Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code!
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to freetds as: pounder AT inline.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Jon Pounder, Development Engineer
Inline Internet Systems
pounder AT inline.net Jon AT Pounder.com

Web Tools Engineered for Success
http://www.inline.net
http://www.ihtml.com