freetds - Re: SQL 7.0 Connection from Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Francis Smit <francis AT oztel.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SQL 7.0 Connection from Linux
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:28:59 +1100

It can be done and is getting easier, my friend who's
the systems guy here, Got us using PHP 3.0.15 on
Apache/1.3.9 red hat 6.1 system: Linux 2.2.12-20smp
with php configured
./configure '--with-mysql' ' \
--with-apache=/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/apache_1.3.9' '\
--enable-track-vars' '--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds'
I'm not sure which freeTDS we have but I can get that
if need be, I think any new stable release is fine
you need to compile to TDS version 4.2 or 7.0 it's all
in the archives, and the doc's at the web site should be
fairly complete on this by now I'd hope, anyhow
all the best happy freeTDS-ing

Keith Skinner wrote:

> We run an Apache based web server from a Linux platform and would like to
> be able to access an SQL server 7.0 database on an NT platform within our
> network. Can you please tell me whether your software is suitable for
> this.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: francis AT oztel.com

Grisly . oo
`oO
Francis Smit

Knowledge By Design/OzTel