freetds - Re: How to insert a '*' via FreeTDS / Microsoft SQL V7 etc?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to insert a '*' via FreeTDS / Microsoft SQL V7 etc?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:58:24 +0000

Bob Kline wrote:

> I can't tell why it's failing for you, because you haven't given us
> nearly enough information.

No, I deliberately didn't post a lot of info, as I thought it was going to be
an OE (Operator Error)...

> It works fine for me (on version 0.50,
> tdsver 7.0):

Yes, I've now got this working as well - a backend trigger didn't like the
fact I was leaving a column blank, and the message back from FreeTDS/PHP
wasn't informative enough for me to twig this was the problem...

Thanks for the reply - and I guess it goes to show, you learn something new
every day (or is it remember to duck when the egg flies? :)

-Karl

  • Re: How to insert a '*' via FreeTDS / Microsoft SQL V7 etc?, Karl Pielorz, 02/16/2000