freetds - How to insert a '*' via FreeTDS / Microsoft SQL V7 etc?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: How to insert a '*' via FreeTDS / Microsoft SQL V7 etc?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:55:14 +0000

Hi All,

I know this is off topic (probably) - and after having seen the difference
between MySQL and MS-SQL V7 on inserting ' (quotes), I can probably guess
where the problem lies (me)...

Anyone know why I can't seem to insert a "*" (asterisk) into our MS-SQL V7
server via FreeTDS?

I can do the same in Delphi (not a real good comparison) by just setting the
column value to "*", alas not from PHP/FreeTDS though...

Any suggestions, or pointers would be gratefuly received...

-Karl