freetds - Adding Strings with quote's in?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Adding Strings with quote's in?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:24:15 +0000

Hi All,

OK - We've now got PHP + FreeTDS + SQL V7 to talk quite nicely to each
other... The problem I'm stuck with now is how to insert the following text
into a database field...

The Wolve's are coming

Obviously, an

INSERT INTO test VALUES( 'The Wolve's are coming' );

Isn't going to cut it, so I used PHP's "AddSlashes" function, which does the
equivalent of:

INSERT INTO test VALUES( 'The Wolve\'s are coming' );

Which it doesn't seem to like either...

Any suggestions? - Is there a problem doing this with FreeTDS? (We have
another system running MySQL which I do manage to use AddSlashes to protect
embedded quotes etc. in field data with)...

Thanks,

-Karl