freetds - stupid newbie jdbc driver question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jonathan Boutelle" <jonathan.boutelle AT commerceone.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: stupid newbie jdbc driver question
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:30:24

If I have a SQLServer7 database that I'm trying to access using the FreeTDS
type 4 jdbc driver, what should the URL be? Using the jdbc/odbc bridge I
used jdbc:odbc:prs (prs is the name of the database).

String dbaseUser="sa";
String dbaseUserPassword="";
driverName="com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver"
String URL="jdbc:prs";
Class.forName(driverName); //this is OK
Connection c=DriverManager.getConnection(URL,dbaseUser,dbaseUserPassword);
//on this line it throws SQLException: "No Suitable Driver"

Thanks for any help!
-jonb