freetds - Re: Minor issues...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Minor issues...
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:28:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Dave Blob wrote:

> Hi everyone...
>
> I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this is all known. Additionally, I'm
> happy to work on a patch for what I'm pointing out, I just haven't gotten
> to it yet.
>
> 1) "make check" though documented, doesn't do anything

Actually that's the genreic autoconf instructions. One day those will be
removed (once somebody writes a good install file that is :-)

> 2) "make test" does what "make check" is probably meant to do, but only
> after the entire package has been installed (so far as I can tell).
I thought this was fixed in CVS (to use .libs/* that is), but I'm not
sure.

> 3) On solaris, the test directories seem to get compiled sans "-lnsl
> -lsocket"
Hm...I'll look at that.

> 4) It's really easy to get "Unknown marker:0!" with the 7.0 support, so for
> MS SQL, I just switched to 4.2, which seems ok...
TDS 7.0 support is rather new and I am temporarily without access to MS
SQL, so it's likely to be that way until I get a MS SQL setup (working on
it)