freetds - Re: via PHP to Microsoft SQL Server V7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bill Tutt <rassilon AT list.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: via PHP to Microsoft SQL Server V7.0
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:39:37 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I don't know much about domain auth frankly...Anyone out there want to
> enlighten me?

Its possible to setup SQL Server 7.0 in such a fashion as to only allow
logins from connections that are authrozied using NTLM.
(Windows authentication mechanism). However, this isn't the default
setting.

NTLM authentication is (IIRC) what Samba uses to connect itself to
Windows file shares.

Of course, FreeTDS doesn't know how to use NTLM authentication at all yet,
and even if it did I have no clue if the wrapper APIs you use. (DBLib,
ctlib) allow you the flexability of specifying a nondefault authentication
mechanism.

Bill