freetds - Re: crashes on dbclose

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: crashes on dbclose
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:14:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I haven't been able to reproduce this (not surprising since I do not have
ASA...), but it would appear that tds_free_results is getting called
twice. I've been making some other changes in this area which should
(coincidentally...I'm actually working on output parameters) fix that if
that is what is happening.

Grab the latest CVS and let me know if that helps (save your current setup
first...I won't garentee that what I just checked in works totally :-)

Brian

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, [iso-8859-1] Tresztny?k L?szl? wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm back with a new problem ;-)
> (I use freeTDS from the CVS (21/12/1999), with Sybase ASA 6.03 and
> PHP4B3 on a RedHat 6.0).
> Sometimes the query process dies with segmentation fault. After some
> debugging i found that
>
> 1. it is a "free(): invalid pointer" error in
> tds_free_results(tds/mem.c:143) when it tries to free the current_row
> field. (the pointer has the same address as in tds_alloc_row after
> malloc)
>
> 2. i can do it with a simple PHP program:
>
> $k=sybase_connect("idg","dba","sql");
> $e=sybase_query("SELECT id,aktiv,sorszam FROM rovatok",$k);
> sybase_close($kapcsolat);
>
> if the last field in the SELECT is unsigned smallint. If I change the
> order of the fields so that a field with another type is the last, it
> works.
>
> Have you any idea what's the real problem?
>
> Laszlo

  • crashes on dbclose, Tresztnyák László, 12/21/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: crashes on dbclose, Brian Bruns, 12/21/1999