freetds - Re: FreeTDS hangs sometimes...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS hangs sometimes...
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:45:00 -0500 (EST)

Most likely what happens is the output buffer (tds->out_buf) fills up and
that triggers it to be flushed so the final packet indicator is not set.
Then when tds_flush_packet is called there is nothing in the output buffer
so it discards it. interesting. I suppose the flush needs to be moved
so that it happens when byte 513 (on a 512 packet size) comes in as
opposed to byte 512.

Of course I could be totally wrong (since I'm not presently looking at
the sources). I'll look into it this weekend.

Brian