freetds - Re: FreeBSD+Apache+PHP+FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD+Apache+PHP+FreeTDS
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:17:51

On 12/16/99, ""Darius Ramanauskas" <dara AT kada.lt>" wrote:
> Hello All,

I have problem with apache server. It does core dumbs then I try to run it
:((
The software vertion is:
FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE, Apache 1.3.9, PHP 3.0.12, FreeTDS 0.50
and MSSQL Server 7.
There was some messages on this subject saying that problem is with dbopen
function, but I have not find any work around. There is configure option
'--enable-dbmfix'. Then what changes should be done to apache and php to
work?

It would be nice to hear from people running this configuration, how they
done?

Thank you
Darius

Sys/Net Admin.

P.S. I can send ktrace.out if any one is interested....

The --enable-dbmfix will rename 'dbopen()' to 'tdsdbopen()'. PHP will need
to be modified to call tdsdbopen(). This needs to be done in
functions/sybase.c and then recompile and relink with apache.

I'd be very interested in the trace just to verify that this is the
problem.

Brian

  • FreeBSD+Apache+PHP+FreeTDS, Darius Ramanauskas, 12/16/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: FreeBSD+Apache+PHP+FreeTDS, Brian Bruns, 12/16/1999