freetds - Re: Microsoft SQL and Solaris with PERL interface

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: clifford thurber <cliffordt AT raremedium.com>
  • Cc: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Microsoft SQL and Solaris with PERL interface
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:35:11 -0800 (PST)

clifford thurber writes:
> *** From dbi-users - To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
> *** DBI Home Page - http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/ ***
>
> Hello,
> I was reading the FAQ on at http://www.freetds.org and came upon a
> configuration question with somehting
> than confused me : Where or in which file should this be done?
>
> "rename dbopen() to tdsdbopen() as a work around for dbm name conflict"

Irrelevant on Solaris, unless you have Berkeley DB installed. In any
case this does not apply to Client Library, which DBD::Sybase uses.

> 2.2 Do I need to configure anything?

In the 0.47 release you need to set the tds version to 4.2 or 7 if you
want to talk to an MS-SQL server. The version that is in the CVS
repository autodetects the protocol version when it connects to the
server (or at least that's my understanding).

Michael