freetds - Ribo & TDS Specs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott C. Gray" <gray AT voicenet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Ribo & TDS Specs
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:13:14 -0500 (EST)

Forgive me if this has been discussed/resolved...I have been too
busy to keep up with many mailing lists for a while...

I realize that there is/was some major concerns over the agreement
associated with TDS 5.0 specifications available on the Sybase web
site. As a substitute, until the hubbub is resolved, may be to
take a look at ribo, the java-based TDS sniffer/translator freely
available from Sybase at:

http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/utilities/index.html

This tool gives quite a bit of information about each packet, and
doesn't seem to have any obverse contractual agreements associated
with it.

-scott

--
Scott C. Gray <gray AT voicenet.com> "my keybard is brken"
http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html

  • Ribo & TDS Specs, Scott C. Gray, 11/16/1999