freetds - Re: FreeTDS-JDBC 0.3 available soon?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS-JDBC 0.3 available soon?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:02:48 -0600 (MDT)

>From the 00-INDEX file-

freetds_jdbc-X.X.tgz Latest officially released version.
freetds_jdbc-X.X.zip Latest officially released version.
freetds_jdbc-X.X.jar Latest officially released version.

freetds_jdbc.tgz Latest version that has been through
the regression test.

freetds_jdbc.jar Latest version that has been through
the regression test and placed in
a JAR file.

freetds_jdbc.snapshot.tgz Latest version at the head of the CVS
tree. This version is not guaranteed
to even compile.

freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar Latest version at the head of the CVS
tree that compiled and placed in a JAR file.
It has not been tested and might not even
run at all.

old/* Older versions of the driver. Version
in this directory passed the regression
tests at the time they were released,
but probably don't pass the current
regression tests.

Andreas Tille writes:
> Hello,
>
> I found
>
> 129367 Oct 23 11:19 freetds_jdbc.snapshot.tgz
> 110511 Sep 29 06:30 freetds_jdbc.tgz
>
> on the download page of FreeTDS. Unfortunately freetds_jdbc.tgz
> hasn't any version number and I'm not sure if this should be the
> announced version 0.3. I really need this information soon to
> get the right version in the stable Debian distribution. Is the
> latest snapshot intended to be the future version 0.4 or is it
> a further bugfix release before version 0.3??
>
> Kind regards
>
> Andreas.
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: cts AT internetcds.com

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.