freetds - Re: Compiles OK -- how to use?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Compiles OK -- how to use?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:59:35

Please try compiling SQSH (http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html) to make
sure your basic connectivity is working ok. It is a very useful tool for
testing and debugging anyway, and I'd reccomend anyone using freetds or
openclient to make it part of your toolkit.

>From the description it sounds like the ip address is incorrect (if the
port where incorrect you'd get a connection refused instead). You may try
telneting directly into the SQL Server (like: telnet sqlhost 1433) and
seeing if you get a good connection. If so, it is probably a problem with
the interfaces file (spaces are important in the interfaces file).

Brian

On 10/27/99, ""Robert Bradman" <rbradman AT omaha.com>" wrote:
> Well, I've compiled it and it appears to be working but I can't get it do
actually do anything. Using it with PHP3, trying to use
sybase_connect()...
I just get a time-out error in my Apache error log when trying to connect
to our SQL 6.5 server.

I have setup the $SYBASE environment variable... I have added our server
the interfaces file... it just times out.

Any ideas?

  • Compiles OK -- how to use?, Robert Bradman, 10/27/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Compiles OK -- how to use?, Brian Bruns, 10/27/1999