freetds - JDBC: timezone difference except with getdate()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: brlewis AT alum.mit.edu
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC: timezone difference except with getdate()
  • Date: 22 Oct 1999 14:08:23 -0400

I'm using the JDBC driver with MSSQL 6.5. When I retrieve a datetime
column from a table, the dates are handled as if the server were
sending them in GMT, and are thus off 4 or 5 hours. However, getdate()
is handled differently and has the correct time.

Is there some generic way to get the correct value from a datetime
without knowing whether it comes from getdate() or from table data?

--
Bruce R. Lewis <URL:http://web.mit.edu/brlewis/www/>