freetds - Re: Connecting to Sybase on NT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Driscoll" <jdriscol AT gate.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Connecting to Sybase on NT
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 0:0:53

> No. There is no default port. You need to check the interfaces file
> (or sql.ini) on the server to see what port it is listening to (or you
> could use dsedit on the server)

Ok I have determined that the server is listening on port 5000. I can
connect to the server from my laptop using MS SQL Server 6.5 query
analyzer. I can also telnet <server> 5000 and telnet connects.

$ echo $SYBASE
/usr/local/freetds

$ cat /usr/local/freetds/interfaces
symposium
query tcp ether 192.168.224.10 5000
master tcp ether 192.168.224.10 5000

I still get the connection failed message when starting sqsh:
$ sqsh -b -S symposium -U popeye -P sailorman
connect: Connection refused

I have also tried the -I option to sqsh to override the interfaces file -
no luck.

Is the interfaces file setup properly?

Any suggestions of what to try next?