freetds - Re: problems with large columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: problems with large columns
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:57:45 -0400 (EDT)

It depends. Are these text fields or large varchar fields? Large varchar
is only supported in TDS 7.0 which is not really implemented yet (there is
some code in for the login packet but much more needs to be done). TDS 4.2
by definition will not handle it. However, text fields should work, so a
work around would be to convert them to text during the select, such as:

select convert(text,largecol1) from table1

Hope this helps,

Brian