freetds - Re: (x rows affected) message

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott C. Gray" <gray AT voicenet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: (x rows affected) message
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:11:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Brian Bruns wrote:

> On 09/17/99, ""Jeff Driscoll" <jdriscol AT gate.net>" wrote:
>>
>> Using SQSH 1.7 I am getting (x rows affected) returned. Using SET
>> NOCOUNT ON doesn't seem to help. Any idea if this is a SQSH issue
>> or FreeTDS issue or how to make it go away?
>
> This is a standard feature of isql and thus sqsh. You can make it go away
> like this:
>
> 1> select * from atable
> 2> go -f
>
> (-f is no footers, you can also use -h to get rid of headers)

Actually, 'set nocount on' should properly suppress the rows
affected message in sqsh as well...at least it did in the
test I just ran:

[51] SYB_TEST.master.1> set nocount on
[51] SYB_TEST.master.2> go
[52] SYB_TEST.master.1> select 1
[52] SYB_TEST.master.2> go

-----------
1
[53] SYB_TEST.master.1>

I suspect that you may be seeing a bug in FreeTDS (with the NOCOUNT
session property turned on the server should be returning the
CS_ROW_COUNT property as -1 from ct_res_info()). Unfortunately, I
don't have a copy of FreeTDS I can test with in front of me right now.

-scott

--
Scott C. Gray <gray AT voicenet.com> "my keybard is brken"
http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html