freetds - FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kevin Wormington" <kworm AT sofnet.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:25:13 -0500

Hi all,

I have just recently grabbed a CVS snapshot of 0.47 freetds and got it
compiled and working with DBD::Sybase 0.20. I am attempting to use this
with Radiator (a radius server in perl). It works for the most part, but I
get an error from a select as follows:

Fri Sep 17 09:45:30 1999: ERR: Execute failed for 'select ra.RadAttributeID,
Dat
a, Value, Type
from RadConfigs rc, RadAttributes ra
where ra.RadAttributeID = rc.RadAttributeID and rc.AccountID=3509': Server
messa
ge number=10000 severity=7 state=0 line=1 server=OpenClient text=Attempt to
init
iate a new SQL Server operation with results pending.

FYI, this same code runs perfectly using dbd_freetds snapshot. I am
attempting to use freetds library since it seems to be under more active
development and dbd_freetds seems to have a slight memory leak over long
periods of time (weeks).

Any info appreciated...

Kevin
Sofnet, Inc.