freetds - BIG PROBLEM WITH TDS and MS SQL SERVER

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rahul Guha" <rfguha AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: BIG PROBLEM WITH TDS and MS SQL SERVER
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:47:32

The problem is this....

When try to connect to my database and run the query
the socket stays open during the entire time till
the last result in the result set has been processed

when i connect to the database with inetdae trial version
the socket is closed as soon as the resultset is obtained

so why does freeTDS keep the socket open unnecessarily

it takes me almost 8 mins to process a result set and for that
entire 8 mins the socket to the DB is open but
with inetdae the socket stays open only for 10 secs

when i try to close the statement or connection prior to
using rs.next()
the rs.next() function gives the error connection closed

why is this so?
please help

i tried to find out where the problem is but the code is
quite difficult to understand

if anyone has a solution please email me

at

rfguha AT yahoo.com

any help would be much appreciated

-rahul