freetds - Re: iodbc and freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: iodbc and freetds
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:44:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

The obdc library is extremely alpha quality (if that) right now. I
wouldn't recommend using it. There is another group that created an ODBC
driver on top of libtds and we will be merging that back into the main
library soon instead of the ODBC driver that is presently there. (The new
one will use unixODBC instead of iODBC for a driver manager).

I would reccomend using dblib or ctlib for the time being if that is an
option for you.

Brian