freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase 0.19 and snapshot from today.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase 0.19 and snapshot from today.
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi Jaye,
>
> Well, it appears my fix for char broke dates ;)
>
> I think I know what it is; I'll see if I can't check into it tonight.
> Hey, it's progress! (Maybe not forward progress, but...)
>
> BTW, part of the problem with messages was that CS_USERDATA property
> wasn't implemented. I checked that in and now it's back to the point
> where it calls Perl and core dumps...I don't know enough about Perl to
> know how perl_call_sv() works and why it's crashing...but it looks like
> I'm going to learn.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

I found the CS_USERDATA problem also and fixed it locally. (Not quite
fast enough, eh?) BUT, I think I also found the rest of the problem.
I assume that you are saving the CS_USERDATA data into the connection
structure. However, the ctlib_handle_err_message() sometimes passes a
NULL value for the connection. That causes a crash when you try to
CS_GET the CS_USERDATA from the null object. With this I can pass
all the DBD::SYBASE tests here.

Cheers,

Mark

*** ctutil.c Wed Aug 25 16:45:00 1999
--- ctutil.c~ Wed Aug 25 16:44:45 1999
***************
*** 74,78 ****
if (con->_servermsg_cb)
con->_servermsg_cb(con->ctx,con,&errmsg);
else if (con->ctx->_servermsg_cb)
! con->ctx->_servermsg_cb(con->ctx,con,&errmsg);
}
if (con->_servermsg_cb)
con->_servermsg_cb(con->ctx,con,&errmsg);
else if (con->ctx->_servermsg_cb)
! con->ctx->_servermsg_cb(con->ctx,NULL,&errmsg);
}

--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174