freetds - Re: DBD::FreeTDS development status?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu AT internetcds.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::FreeTDS development status?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:14:13 -0700 (PDT)

It's basically stuck. We needed it for what we were doing here for my
company, and craig was getting paid to develop it. However, he has moved
on to a new job, and for our purposes, the existing functionality works,
so we have not really pushed to get anything done with it.

I am only having one small problem with it, which I hope to look into
soon, and then I'm not sure where we're going to go.

Craig hates Perl, so that's why you see the spare-time effort going into
the JDBC version. :)

I would hope to see somebody either pick up a bit on the DBD::FreeTDS
side, or devote a bunch of effort to the DBD::Sybase support...

With that said, if you're working on it, I can arrange for the access
portion of what you need if you want to keep it going.