freetds - RE: Problem with "insert" ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Randy Layman <randy.layman AT thwt.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with "insert" ?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:00:36 -0400

The first thing I would do is to look in the current activity of the server
and determine if the query is getting to the database and if its being
returned. What might be the problem is that the select statements are
locking the table and the lock hasn't yet been removed when you attempt the
insert and this causes a deadlock situation. MS SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0 lock
the entire table when selecting more than about 75% of the rows.
You mentions SQL Server 10 - are you using Sybase or MS SQL Server
(whose current version is 7)?

Randy