freetds - RE: Version 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Version 0.45
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 06:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

Craig Burton writes:
> Brian,
>
> Sorry for the hiatus - had some other devel to do,
> but am now back on the process of making my perl
> script talk to MSSQL7.0.
>
> Can you please remind me of whether I need to recompile
> perl without -ldbm etc as Michael Peppler says?
>
> I actually use ndbm in this script - I guess this means
> all by db stuff becomes sql... can one not use ndbm
> and sybperl together some how?

In the general case (for example on linux) you can still use ndbm
without having -lndbm linked to the main perl library, because the dbm
access is done in the NDBM_File module, which is dynamically loaded.

I would guess that you still have to rebuild perl without references
to -ldb and -lndbm because of the dbopen() name conflict.

Michael

> Thanks!

Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com