freetds - Re: 4096 byte limit on IMAGE?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Mountain" <e.mountain AT dev.amadeus.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <rlucier AT pacificcolor.com>
  • Subject: Re: 4096 byte limit on IMAGE?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:40:43 +0200

Alternatively, apply the following patch and recompile your driver

[NB I have multiple "case" entries and a default 'return ""' because I have
started modifying the driver so it can talk to UniAccess on Unisys 2200
mainframes, so I have actually defined Tds.UACS as well. Not that anyone
would be interested. ;-) ]

:E

----------------------------
diff --recursive -c -x class freetds_jdbc/Connection.java
freetds_jdbc_exp/Connection.java
*** freetds_jdbc/Connection.java Thu Feb 18 23:06:58 1999
--- freetds_jdbc_exp/Connection.java Fri Jun 18 10:36:32 1999
***************
*** 181,187 ****

protected String sqlStatementToInitialize()
{
! return serverType==Tds.SYBASE ? "set quoted_identifier on set
textsize 50000" : "";
}

protected String sqlStatementToSetTransactionIsolationLevel()
--- 181,195 ----

protected String sqlStatementToInitialize()
{
! switch (serverType) {
! case Tds.SYBASE:
! return "set quoted_identifier on set textsize 2147483647";
! case Tds.SQLSERVER:
! return "set textsize 2147483647";
! }
!