freetds - Re: getPrecision not implemented?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: getPrecision not implemented?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:58:36 -0800 (PST)

Greg Matthews writes:

> Modifying the ResultSetMetaData method, getPrecision
> to the following makes the exception go away.
>
> public int getPrecision(int column) throws SQLException
> {
> //throw new SQLException("Not implemented (getPrecision)");
> return columnsInfo.getPrecision(column);
> }

The problem is that Tds.java never sets the precision. Returning
columnInfo.getPrecision() eliminates the exception, but it won't
return the correct result.

> Craig, what are the current plans to
> i) implement all the unimplemented methods?
> ii) make the driver Java2 compatible?

Right now my priority is to get it working with Sybase. Once I get
that done my next would be to implement enough to implement all the
methods VisualAge for Java needs. After that I will implement the
rest of the functions. JDBC 2.0 and JDK 1.2 are a ways down the road.

I don't really have a time frame on when I can get around to all of
that. I do know that the next two months or so I'll be bogged down
on a large project. I'll probably be putting in 50+ hours per week so
my spare time for the driver will be limited.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.