freetds - Release 0.41

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Release 0.41
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:55:25 -0500 (EST)

0.41 is at ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds-0.41.tgz

If I don't hear any complaints I'll send out the announcements tommorow
evening. I think Solaris is as good as it's going to be before the
release (I think I have some place to test Solaris if I keep quiet about
it, so I may look into the problems after the release).

Regarding the announcement that will be sent to c.o.l.a, freshmeat,
etc... My list of new features includes:

dblib's behaviour more closely matches OpenClient's
ctlib support is much improved (sqsh 1.6 runs)
Capabilities have been implemented
Improved server library
Better platform support
Much bug fixing and cleaning up

If anyone has anything to add/change/delete, mail me back.

I'm going to be a little bit short on time for a while after the release
gets out. I will continue to work on numeric support as I need it for
work, but I won't be doing much else for a couple of weeks. The upside is
I get to play with SMIL and the RealPlayer :) I'm half considering
writing a gtk SMIL player, but I just don't know where I'd get the time.

Brian

  • Release 0.41, Brian Bruns, 01/24/1999