freetds - Re: pre-release Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pre-release Solaris
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:54:05 -0800 (PST)

Gregg Jensen writes:
> It looks like the configure problem may be solved on Solaris now.

Is that on Sparc or Intel?

> pulled down the latest from CVS and it compiled OK. I built the
> unittests in dblib and was wondering what the expected results
> should look like.

t0004 through t0007 should print "dblib okay for t000X.c" as the last
line of output if dblib was okay, "dblib failed for t000X.c" if they
detected any bugs in dblib. Under Windows NT with Microsoft's
DB-Library all of those tests print "dblib okay for t000X.c". The
exit status is 0 if dblib passed, not 0 if a problem was detected.

The other tests should follow that convention, but don't yet.

We need to get a little better on making sure that we don't break
existing features when adding new features or fixing bugs. Not too
long ago dblib passed all of the unit tests.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently perverted technology is indistinguishable from Perl.