freetds - Re: JDBC?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:59:54 -0800 (PST)

Greg writes:
> I'm not sure if this list is also for the FreeTDS-JDBC, but....

I would say this list is fine, but I'm not exactly impartial.
Generally bug reports should be sent to
freetds-jdbc-bugs AT internetcds.com. It probably wouldn't hurt to CC
them to this list as well.

> Are there any known problems with PreparedStatements and the
> SybaseDriver.

Yes. From the KNOWN_BUGS file-

PreparedStatements don't work for Sybase. The PreparedStatement
is implemented with temporary stored procedures for the
SQLServer. Sybase doesn't seem to support temporary names
for stored procedures.

I implemented PreparedStatements by creating stored procedures with
temporary names. It works fine on SQLServer, but doesn't work on
Sybase.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently perverted technology is indistinguishable from Perl.

  • JDBC?, Greg, 01/19/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: JDBC?, Craig Spannring, 01/19/1999
    • Re: JDBC?, Greg, 01/20/1999