freetds - Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin <root AT zazu.nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:21:08 +0000

> Which verision are you working with(VERSION in configure)? I am using .31
> on
> Solaris and it seems to be working OK (with your patch to read). I tried
> .40 and
> got the results you mentioned. From one of the earlier messages, someone
> has done
> some work on the protocol parsing and it may be off a little bit. Try the
> -r R0_31
> release from CVS (let me know if you need info for this), and see if you
> have better
> luck. (you will have to fix the configure, libtool and read.c again though).
I'm currrently using .40 on both Solaris and Linux. If possible, I
could use a hand with getting the .31 release. In the meantime, my boss
and I are working on variable packet size support for .40 which should
fix the problem.

-- Kevin
Kevin M. Lyons Phone: (402)-471-7870 Email: kevin AT nol.org
No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it way too
seriously - Dave Barry