freetds - Re: Release R0_40?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu AT internetcds.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Release R0_40?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:49:35 -0800 (PST)

Before Craig left on his vacation, he was speaking to me that he had found
some problems in some of the TDS code, and some data structures were
being overwritten...

He spend some time working on it, but I do not know the status of what he
found, other than he was walking around muttering under his breath... :)

When he gets back, I'm sure he'll be happy to update us on where he's at.

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Gregg Jensen wrote:

> I was just curious to see if anyone is successfully using the 0.40
> release? While debugging the Solaris compile, I rebuilt my Linux stuff
> from scratch (specifically using -r R0_40 from CVS), and then built the
> dbtest, and whoops, it doesn't work. It looks like the protocol parsing
> is off (and all I did was try a sp_help in the dbtest.c). This makes me
> wonder if this is (hopefully) a local configuration problem, or if
> others are having problems? I checked the executable with ldd to ensure
> that it was pulling the correct library, also.
>
> The executables work if they are linked against 0.30 libraries.
>
> Gregg Jensen
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: mrcpu AT internetcds.com

  • Release R0_40?, Gregg Jensen, 12/17/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Release R0_40?, Jaye Mathisen, 12/17/1998