freetds - Re: compile time flags TDS42, 46 and 50

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: compile time flags TDS42, 46 and 50
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 15:22:04 -0500

Arno Pedusaar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Back from vacation, with fingers itching for coding :-)
>
> After reading the source, it occurred that these flags are
> used only in one place- namely, in src/tds/mem.c: tds_alloc_login()
> while there are functions for changing the version in run time.
>
> Maybe we should set the default version to 4.2 and get rid of them?

This would probably be OK, as it might ease the confusion when compiling.
The only
thing is which version to set the default to. Also, if any of the parent
libraries
have a separate reference to a default protocol it should be set to the same
default
value (ie, dblib allows you to set the version before you have logged in, and
currently you have to have a populated login structure to call
tds_set_version).

Gregg