dyssembler - [dyssembler] Dyssembler Update : January 2004

dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: chapel hill's electronic monthly

  • From: <richter@email.unc.edu>
  • To: dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [dyssembler] Dyssembler Update : January 2004
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:29:03 -0500

Dyssembler Update : January 23, 2004

Fondest greetings from the Dyssembler party organization! The last
couple of months have been majorly busy as we've revamped our formulas
to bring you a fresh series of events for the new season. Join me for
a tour of these incredible surprises...

First, Dyssembler has moved to Ringside, Durham's swankest yet most
creative night spot that offers three floors of festivity for dancing
and playing. From this locus of indulgence, Dyssembler will engage
your urge to work that body on the second Friday of each month. We
will kick off our monthly at Ringside on Friday, Feb. 13th. Stay tuned
for more details.

As for music, your Dyssembler djs and guests promise to bring you the
best jackin' house, electro bass, and club traxx that we can get our
grubby hands on. Check our website, http://dyss.net, for info on the
monthly lineup. While your soundboys tear up the main floor of the
club, all manner of musical/artistic expression will unfold LIVE
before your authenticity-starved eyes and ears on the second floor.
Your favorite local yokels will make noise for the love of creation,
so you can now bring all your non-dancing friends to the party and
they'll have fun, too. On the tip-top floor, the Dyss lounge will
offer revellers a place to converse at semi-reasonable volumes, while
rotating guest djs will provide an unpredictable mix of smooth
favorites and uncuffed errata.

All this, plus more art! The Projectionist is hoarding the discarded
memories of the super8 generation to share with us. Plus we will
feature hanging/installed works by local artists on the regular. More
phenomena to stare at/participate in!

That's all for now. Mark your calendars...

Best,

dyssembler crew
http://dyss.net

Upcoming parties:

1/31/04: Winter Wiggle 2 @ Kings, feat. our pals DJ.Exe, Lemoore, and
Dyssembler's dj Riktor

2/13/04: Dyssembler 3-year anniversary, Ringside, Durham

2/27/04: Jake Fairley [Kompakt, Sender, Dumb Unit: Canada] and
Pan/Tone at the Nightlight, Chapel Hill. World Class Techno!

3/12/04: Dyssembler @ Ringside

  • [dyssembler] Dyssembler Update : January 2004, richter, 01/22/2004