dyssembler - [dyssembler] Dyssembler Spring/Summer Schedule

dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: chapel hill's electronic monthly

  • From: <richter@email.unc.edu>
  • To: dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: richter@email.unc.edu
  • Subject: [dyssembler] Dyssembler Spring/Summer Schedule
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:18:26 -0400

Greetings from the Dyssembler collective,

I'll keep this informal for once. We've been busy cooking up a
formidable spring/summer season of musical events in Chapel Hill, so
here's an overview of what's to come. Get your calendars ready....

April 28: Adult. Listening Party
@ Nighlight, 405 1/2 W. Rosemary St. [aka Skylight Exchange]
Get pumped for the show @ Go! on the 29th by checking out the new
Adult. album in its entirety. Free Adult. prizes. For real! And lots
more electro when the album is over, courtesy of DJ Barkeep & friends.

May 1: Dyssembler
Our inaugural night at Nightlight, Chapel Hill's newest venue.
Guest: Ja'maul Redmond [live techno PA]
Ja'maul is one of Charlotte's best techno producers, making analog
techno of the slamming variety. Let the drumcomputers and synthesizers
usher in a new era of prosperity in Dyssembler's new environs.
Dyssembler = First Thursdays at Nightlight.

May 9: Float
Club Element
Guest: Tomas Jirku [live PA]
[Force Inc., Audio NL, Alien8, Traum, Onitor: Toronto}
Tomas is hands down one of the dopest minimal techno producers around.
Not so sterile as to fall into the bin of transient "glitch"
producers, Tomas' music is rich and dense, shuffling or pounding you
onto the dancefloor with the process funk. Party people and nerds will
meld as one beneath the auspices of his laptop. PS-this show will
sound incredible on Element's huge sound system.
http://www.tomasjirku.com

May 13: Bunker Records Tour
@ Nightlight
Words cannot express how unlikely it is they're coming to Chapel Hill
and how awesome the music will be. Live PAs from the roster of
Holland's premier electro labels, Bunker and Creme Organization:
Bangkok Impact
Legowelt
Orgue Electronique
DJ TLR
http://www.bunker-records.com

May 16: Recess
Live local experimental music night @ Nightlight
Lineup TBA

May 24: Dat Politics
Support French laptop illuminati! Dat Politics have been making a
blend of laptop noise, electro-pop and minimal techno since their late
90s records on Fat Cat and A-Musik. Their latest one is a hot
colloboration with familiar West Coast laptop heads like Kid 606,
Blectum from Blechdom, and others on the Chicks on Speed label.
http://www.ski-pp.com

June 5: Dyssembler
Lineup TBA

June 13: Float
@ Element
Guest: Kiko [Ohm Resistance, Washington DC]
Drum and bass party at Element, with Ohm dj/producer Kiko at the helm.
For those who need an outlet for war anxiety, here's your mechanical
bull. http://www.ohmresistance.com

July 2: Animal Collective
@ Nightlight
Also known as Avey Tare and Panda Bear, who excavated minds last year
with their "Danse Manatee" album: a masterful piece of genreless music
that blended heavy doses of acid folk, improv rock and digital
processing. Don't fear righteous electronic music peoples; this is by
no means average indie rock fodder. Check out samples at
http://www.catsupplate.com

That's all for now. Check out New Science Experience on WXYC 89.3 fm
[wxyc.org] for Dyssembler dj One Duran's weekly mix + guests. And stay
tuned to http://dyss.net, which will soon become a real website with
stuff to click on, hilarious photos, insightful communiques, etc.

Love,

Dyssembler