covert-ops - [Covert-ops] After School Special seeking producers/djs

covert-ops AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Indy Hip Hop In the Triangle

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma AT audioverse.com>
  • To: covert-ops AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Covert-ops] After School Special seeking producers/djs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:51:08 -0500

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on this list. But it's good
to see that it has grown so much...

Dj Silvaback and I have a monthly event called "The After School" at Fuse
(www.f-use.com) in Chapel Hill on second Saturdays. Simply put, we play
music that reflects the spirit of old school hip hop because we stay open to
experimentation, not just playing what some hip hop elitist says passes as
old school--but I digress...

We would like extend an invite to those of you produce music to bring your
laptop with Final Scratch/Scratch Live/Ableton Live/whatever down to play a
set. Or just burn your tracks on CD; we have cdj-800's. If you don't
produce but have plenty of records and would like to play out more, you
should should sign up, too. Whether you play strictly your own material or
someone else's, it's up to you. Just email me at uzoma dot nwosu at gmail
dot com. We'll give you a slot.

Thanks

uzoma

  • [Covert-ops] After School Special seeking producers/djs, uzoma nwosu, 11/30/2005