compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Re: Nutrients and brewing Tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Re: Nutrients and brewing Tea
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:20:41 -0800

I have not used anything but humic acid for the past few brews, but assumed
that it was the Alaska Humus that didn't need sugars. I believe this points
out the importance of an occasional test of the actual COMPOST being used to
make the tea.

Incidentally, my best fungal tests happen when I mix the humic acid with
worm castings before putting it into the brewer. I was interested to learn
of the diminishment of ingredients suggested by SFI Australia. This seems to
be the trend.....less is best.

Cheers,

Jeff