compostteas - [Compostteas] [Compost teas] Re: Brix readings Scott Alexander

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "eddington AT lvcm.com" <eddington AT lvcm.com>
  • To: "Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] [Compost teas] Re: Brix readings Scott Alexander
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:22:14 -0400

Hi Scott,

What part of the plant do you take your sample for your brix readings? I
am getting ready to start taking readings on an experiment. I read an
article by Phil Callahan, Arden Anderson or Dan Skow that said we
should sample the weakest part of the plant - stem, roots, not fruit or
leaves necessarily, cuz dehydrated plants have concentrated sugar in
the leaves. Are they saying that when we have too much sugar in the
leaves the insects are attracted to it? I will be curious to see your
readings. Will the tea have had time to travel and affect the stems
when you take the readings? I know Elaine said the microorganisms
take hold on the leaf surface in 20 minutes, but how long would it take
to get nutrients down into the stem or root (if a soil drench)? Do the
stems have systems for uptake of nutrients like leaves? So many
questions.

Carole Eddington

http://mail2web.com/ .

  • [Compostteas] [Compost teas] Re: Brix readings Scott Alexander, eddington AT lvcm.com, 06/20/2002