compostteas - [Compostteas] Fwd: Pathogens and Sugars

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Lmvine1 AT cs.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Fwd: Pathogens and Sugars
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:27:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/02 2:13:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kevin AT ovs.com writes:

Laura,

Yes, I worked with several types of honey this past spring.  We did get suppression of bacteria from the honey, as compared to molasses.  Nevertheless, we still got substantial (1000 micrograms/milliliter or more on SFI tests) bacterial extraction.  It did not appear to have a measurable impact on fungal extraction.  It would very interesting to know what types of bacteria were being suppressed, but we don’t.  Also, I had speculated that because honey suppressed bacteria, it would actually be beneficial to fungal extraction, but that did not appear to be the case in our trials.

Kevin Chambers