compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Re: PLANT NUTRITION ?

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Lloyd Charles" <lcharles AT webfront.net.au>
  • To: "compostteas" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Re: PLANT NUTRITION ?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:31:42 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: <eddington AT lvcm.com>
To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 9:11 AM
Subject: [Compostteas] Re: PLANT NUTRITION ?

> Hi Lloyd Charles, (just for the record)
>
> I just got a refractometer, but in reading one of Arden Anderson's
> articles he said to also test the sap pH and sap EC to have a complete
> picture, just the refractometer reading was not enough. What has your
> experience been?
>
> Carole Eddington
Hello Carole
I am only doing the easy stuff, plant brix, soil pH and
EC, and pH and EC of all brews - foliars etc - we use a base microbial brew
+ fish, kelp, humates, and small quantities of soluble minerals (food grade
phos acid, CaNO3, various others) We build these energetically -dowsing -
radionics - and ALWAYS pre test with refractometer on the crop. My
experience has been that American recommendations are heavy handed (quantity
wise) for our conditions. We would mostly use less than half what A.A,
Wheeler or Skow would
Please keep in mind I have absolutely zero experience
with horticulture or vegetables, I do easy stuff (broadacre cereal grains
and legume crops)
I would not argue with Arden as I base much of what I
am doing on what I have learned from attending his soils courses. BUT lets
go step by step and I think refractometer is the first and most important
step of these, If we have nice healthy cycling, elevated brix, and
everything looking good - then we are well on the road. If there is no
beneficial brix increase from a CT spraying then I will put my neck on the
block and say something is wrong! We better go look at what!
I will also say that Arden Andersen's complete picture
is indeed a very complete and wonderfully functioning picture!
Cheers
Lloyd Charles